AADR NSRG DENTSPLY/Caulk Competition
DENTSPLY/Caulk Student Research Group (SRG) Award Competition
The 28th annual DENTSPLY/Caulk Student Research Group (SRG) Award Competition for original research, sponsored by DENTSPLY/Caulk, will be held during the IADR/AADR/CADR General Session & Exhibition in Boston, Mass., USA, March 11-14, 2015. The Competition was created to encourage students living in the United States to conduct original research and to be reviewed by their peers.
The 2015 awards will consist of the following:
(2) $750 first place winners (basic and clinical science)
(2) $500 second place winners (basic and clinical science)
(2) $250 third place winners (basic and clinical science)
Each award recipient will receive a certificate and ribbon during the meeting, and a check and an award plaque will be sent after the meeting.
- Undergraduate dental students of good academic standing, without an advanced degree or doctorate in any field, who have authored or co-authored no more than two publications (excluding abstracts) in refereed journals.
- Must be a student member of AADR at time of submission & entry into competition.
- Must have an abstract accepted for the 2015 IADR/AADR/CADR General Session & Exhibition in Boston, Mass., in poster format.
- May not be entered simultaneously in the IADR or AADR Hatton Awards Competition.
- May not be a current AADR NSRG officer or officer-elect at the time of entry into the competition (past officers are eligible to compete after their term is finished).
- Abstract must be presented by a student member of AADR during the meeting to be eligible for the competition. If the presenter changes to a non-student member of AADR or student non-member, the abstract is no longer eligible for the competition.
- Persons participating in the competition cannot have won previously in the same category.
You must submit an abstract to the Global Headquarters for the 2015 General Session & Exhibition by the October 2014 deadline, adhering to the usual submission procedures. In the awards section of the online abstract submission process select "AADR DENTSPLY/Caulk Competition." You will be prompted to answer eligibility requirement questions. The system will then inform you if you are eligible to participate and place your name in the competition.
All eligible abstracts will be reviewed by the SRG Award Committee. Seven (7) finalists will be selected in two categories (basic and clinical science) and notified in writing. During the 2015 General Session & Exhibition, the fourteen (14) finalists will present their posters to the judging committee (comprised of NSRG officers) during a closed-door session, taking place on the Thursday morning of the meeting. First-, second- and third-prize winners will be selected and presented with a check and a plaque after the IADR/AADR/CADR General Session & Exhibition.
The finalists will also present their posters during the general poster session at the 2015 General Session & Exhibition, during the Saturday afternoon poster session. All posters must be presented by AADR student members.
For further details, contact:
2014 DENTSPLY/Caulk Competition Winners
First Place: Amatul Salma, University of Illinois at Chicago
Parp and Telomerase Inhibition as Targeted Therapy for Oral Cancer
Second Place: Omar Elnabawi, Arizona School of Dentistry & Oral Health
Brief Intermittent Hypoxic Episodes Disturb Bone Quality in Neonates
Third Place: Austin Starr, Indiana University
Antibacterial Effect of Nanofibrous Metronidazole-Containing Drug-Delivery Systems for Periodontal Applications
First Place: Jordan Seetner, University of Pennsylvania
Candida albicans Adherence of Injection and Non-Injection Denture Base Materials
Second Place: Nicole Ledger, University of Florida
Long-Term Clinical Response following Treatment of Localized Aggressive Periodontitis
Third Place: Alexandria Hawkins, Southern Illinois University
Comparative Disinfection of Enterococcus faecalis Loaded Root Canals